With spring just around the corner, these helpful pointers will help improve IAQ:
- Encase pillows, box springs and mattresses in dust-mite-proof covers and wash bed sheets weekly.
- Deep clean all carpets and vacuum weekly.
- Clean the most-used furniture (g. couch) often.
- Remove unnecessary clutter that has collected dust by putting it in storage.
- Open windows to allow cross-ventilation because IAQ is usually worse indoors and a breeze will help purify it.
- Potted plants can grow mould, so cover dirt with aquarium gravel to prevent it.
- Use vented exhaust fans to remove cooking fumes and avoid moisture buildup when cooking.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of 20 to 22 C because humidity attracts dust mites and mould.
- Replace air filters monthly.