Empire, the official grocer of the Canadian Olympic and Canadian Paralympic teams, has unveiled the Winter 2022 Feed The Dream platform in support of Canadian athletes.
The brand will provide grocery cards to all qualified 2022 Winter Olympic and Paralympic athletes. The grocery cards can be redeemed at Empire banner stores, including Sobeys and IGA, among others. Empire will also recognize its partner athletes through nation-wide in-store and online marketing; by sharing their stories through short, family biography videos; store signage; and limited-edition reusable shopping bags. Feed The Dream also uses social media and the feedthedream.ca website, to connect Team Canada Olympic and Paralympic athletes with family, friends, and fans around the world.
“We are thrilled that our Feed The Dream platform brought out the pride and passion of Canadians and athletes last summer, and we are excited to continue fueling that momentum into the Winter Games,” said Sandra Sanderson, senior vice-president, marketing with Empire.
Empire also announced the athletes who will represent the brand at the 2022 Beijing Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games across multiple sports:
- Canada’s Women’s Hockey Team
- Blayre Turnbull, women’s hockey (Stellarton, N.S.)
- Brady Leman, ski cross (Calgary)
- Cassie Sharpe, freestyle skiing – halfpipe (Vancouver)
- Isabelle Weidemann, long track speed skating – 3000 m (Ottawa)
- Marie-Philip Poulin, women’s hockey (Quebec City)
- Mark Arendz, para-Nordic skiing (Hartsville, PEI)
- Max Parrot, snowboard (Bromont, Que.)
- Mollie Jepsen, para-Alpine skiing (Vancouver)
- Sarah Nurse, women’s hockey (Hamilton, Ontario)
Empire is also an official partner in CBC’s Road to The Olympic Games program.