Little Caesars introduces its Pizza Portal pickup technology in participating stores countrywide.
First introduced in the U.S. in 2018, Pizza Portal was the industry’s first heated, self-service, mobile order pickup portal.
“Our longtime and loyal customers are at the core of everything we do,” said Little Caesar’s senior vice-president, Paula Vissing. “That is why we are relentless in our pursuit of innovative ways to make their lives easier.”
Using the pizza portal, guests can order and customize their pizza through the Little Caesars app or mobile website and choose a time that suits their schedule.
Clients are notified through the app and/or website when their item is ready. Customers can bypass lines and go directly to the Pizza Portal pickup and input a three-digit pin or scan a Quick Response (QR) code to open a the secured compartment that contains the order.
Recently, touch/fingerprint and face identification (ID) login functionality have been added. Other features of the app include:
- Mobile payment;
- Store locator that automatically detects the nearest restaurant to guests and allows search;
- ‘Custom pizza builder,’ an interactive drag and drop experience. Users make their pizza by choosing from any available crust, then dragging and dropping their choice of toppings onto the pizza (entire or half);
- Orders can be placed up to six days in advance;
- A user-friendly, clean interface, with minimal clicks per transaction; and
- The ability for guests to save their favourite orders.