Food-service franchisor Tim Hortons has revamped its loyalty program.
Updates include access to a wider selection of the menu along with new exclusive offers.
Starting in late February, the loyalty program will change to a points-based system that provides greater choice. Members will earn 10 points per eligible transaction and will have the ability to accumulate points and redeem them toward the following:
- Hash browns, classic and specialty doughnuts, and cookies (50 points);
- Coffee, tea, Dream Doughnuts, bagels, and baked goods (70 points);
- Hot chocolate, French vanilla, iced coffee, and wedges (100 points);
- Classic Iced Capp, frozen beverages, espresso drinks, box of 10 Timbits, yogurt, and oatmeal (140 points);
- Breakfast sandwiches and soups (180 points); and
- Bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato (BELT), farmers breakfast, and lunch sandwiches; chili (220 points).
Unregistered members simply need to link their Tim Hortons’ rewards card number to their email on the Tim Hortons app or at www.timhortons.ca/signup to unlock expanded access to the menu. Through both means, participants can select a rewards level to earn points towards or they can choose to save their score for up to a year.
If there is no selection, guests will receive a coffee, tea, or baked item after earning 70 points.
“We are fortunate to have some of the most loyal guests in Canada, and we are excited to introduce the next phase of our Tims Rewards program,” said the company’s chief operating officer, Mike Hancock. “These changes will ultimately deliver more valuable offers and redemption choices to our customers.”
The Tims Rewards started less than a year ago and has eight million members.