One of the most well-known ice cream chains in North America has announced aggressive expansion plans for Ontario.
Ice cream store franchise Baskin Robbins, which is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, has signed 18 store development agreements with new and existing franchisee groups across the province.
The announced groups and their development plans include:
- Sulman Muhammad, a new franchisee who has plans to develop 11 locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA);
- Sunita Patel and Jayant (Jay) Patel, existing franchisees who have teamed up with new franchisees Vivek Patel, Rahulkumar Patel, and Nimal Patel to open three shops in Burlington, Ont.;
- Imtisal Kiran, an existing franchisee who will open her second location in Toronto;
- Qais Hakeemi, who has signed a single unit agreement to open one shop in Ajax, Ont.;
- Lori and Frank Malavolta, both new franchisees who are opening their first location in Hamilton, Ont.; and
- Lu Tian and Mike Pomerleau, who opened a combined Baskin Robbins and Kernels Popcorn shop in Ottawa this past summer.
Currently, there are more than 100 Baskin Robbins locations across Canada.
“Our secret to continued growth includes passionate franchisees that provide a high-level of customer service to guests every day,” said Grant Benson, vice-president of global franchising and business development with Dunkin’ Brands. “We are thrilled these new and existing franchisees will be expanding our brand in Canada.”