FDF Restaurant Brandz, franchisor of Ricky’s, Fatburger Canada, Famoso Pizzeria, and Humpty’s Big Plate Diner, has announced multiple restaurant openings and expansion in the upcoming months.
At the time of press, eight new restaurants were projected to open in the next three months across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.
According to Frank Di Benedetto, CEO and owner of FDF Restaurant Brandz, the expansion represents an “an exciting move forward for the company, and all the brands it operates.” The company continues to target to expand Ricky’s, Fatburger Canada, and Famoso by opening traditional and non-traditional distribution channels throughout its folio. A few of the new restaurant openings scheduled for June, July and August include:
- A new Ricky’s All Day Grill opening in Campbell River, BC;
- A Fatburger special counter express model in Southwest Edmonton, Alta;
- Ricky’s Breakfast Café opening in the Magrath area of Southwest Edmonton, Atla;
- Ricky’s Breakfast Café and Famoso Pizzeria launching in the town of Cochrane, Alta;
- A Famoso Pizzeria module at Ricky’s All Day Grill in Langley, BC;
- Fatburger opening mid-August in Campbell River, BC; and
- Famoso Pizzeria at Coquitlam Centre regional mall in Coquitlam, BC.
“It’s going to be a busy summer, but also an exciting one,” said Di Benedetto. “And we’re just getting started with more openings targeted for the second half of 2021.”