Through a wide variety of sponsorships and campaigns, family discount retailer Giant Tiger has raised and donated more than $1 million in 2022 to community organizations and charities across Canada.
In celebration of Giving Tuesday, Giant Tiger has partnered with The Snowsuit Fund to match donations of up to $25,000, to help share warm clothes with a child in need this winter. For more information on the charity or to donate, please visit snowsuitfund.com.
“As a community-focused organization, always looking to give back, we are so proud of the difference our stores make in their hometowns,” says Gino DiGioacchino, interim president and CEO, Giant Tiger Stores Limited. “We are committed to supporting the diverse communities our stores operate within. We believe in supporting organizations that are making a difference because the success of these incredible organizations directly benefits the neighbourhoods they serve. Whether we are donating snowsuits so that children are warm this winter, collecting donations for the Canadian Red Cross to help communities in need, or providing homework help programs to students, our stores are thrilled to have the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of their customers and communities.”
Some of the ways Giant Tiger has given back this year include:
- The Giant Tiger Charitable Giving Fund provides organizations with financial support to run programs that aim to feed families, promote physical and mental health, or empower youth. Some examples of partnerships that received funding in 2022 include BGC Canada, the Canadian Women’s Foundation, and Indspire.
- Partnering with organizations that align with the company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion values. Some notable partnerships include the Capital Pride, Girls on the Run through an ongoing partnership with the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group Foundation, and the Ontario Summer Indigenous Games, developed by Indigenous Sport & Wellness Ontario.
- Giant Tiger donated $207,504 through its first charitable merchandise collaboration with national Indigenous charity Indspire to create an orange shirt to mark the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
- Giant Tiger stores raise money during the year through in-store donations to benefit national and local charities.
- Store franchisees and managers partner with local charities to raise money for causes important to their communities. These include the Alzheimer Society of Canada, Ride for Dad, Christmas Cheer Board of Winnipeg, and Christmas Daddies, to name a few.
- Giant Tiger also gives back in-kind product donations to local and national organizations that are making a difference. This year’s large donations include backpacks to the Caring and Sharing Exchange for their Sharing in Students Success Campaign and kids snowsuits to The Snowsuit Fund.
For more info on sponsorship opportunities and Giant Tiger’s Charitable Giving Fund, please visit www.gianttiger.com/community.