Pet Valu, a specialty retailer of premium pet food, treats, and supplies is committed to remaining open to ensure pet owners can continue to purchase the food and supplies they need.
The company has announced temporary changes to store operations to limit the physical interactions between associates and customers.
Pet Valu stores have implemented the following measures:
- Customers can now call their store to place their order. Orders are then filled and prepared for pick-up;
- Limiting the number of customers that can enter the store at any time to two;
- Shortening hours of operation to allow associates time to re-stock and sanitize stores;
- Stores are not currently accepting returns and extending the return policy period. Customers are asked to keep the items intended for return and associated receipts until further notice;
- Customers should have a list or photos of supplies ready, so associates can help retrieve products. Customers will be directed to wait at the checkout counter to complete all in-store transactions;
- Temporarily closing all self-serve dog wash stations and grooming salons; and
- Cancelling all local events and postponing the annual Pet Appreciation Month and National Adoption Weekend, supporting local animal shelters and rescues.
“We believe taking these actions offer the best solutions for balancing our three main priorities—safety of our associates and devoted customers, servicing the essential needs of pets, and maintaining a clean and sanitized work environment,” says Richard Maltsbarger, president and CEO of Pet Valu. “I want to thank all of our associates and customers for working together through this difficult time to find the best ways possible to continue to care for the pets we all love.”