Planet Fitness locations in British Columbia are leading the charge in the Canadian market after reopening on June 1. They’ve even seen record member sign ups, as people are excited to come back to their workout regiments.
Some of the changes members can expect at Planet Fitness in Vancouver include:
- All team members have completed extensive training related to enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures;
- Team members will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day;
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted throughout all areas of the club using disinfectant on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) list effective against COVID-19;
- Employees will conduct 20-minute walk arounds of the gym floor to clean and sanitize high-touch areas;
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor, marked with yellow flags;
- Touchless check-in is available via the Planet Fitness app. Simply download the app in advance and scan in at the front desk;
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use to create additional distance between members;
- New signage will be placed throughout the club highlighting sanitization and distancing guidelines; and
- Fitness classes will be temporarily modified to solely focus on individual “Design Your Own Program” (DYOP) sessions.