Salon studio franchisor Sola Salons has signed four franchise development agreements across Ontario, including Toronto, Durham, Kitchener-Waterloo, Markham, Richmond Hill, Hamilton, and Barrie.
These new signings will bring nine new Sola locations to Canada over the next several years, emphasizing the brand’s domestic franchise development plans. In the past year, Sola opened 53 new locations, signed 72 franchise agreements, and reached a milestone of 18,000 independent beauty professionals across North America.
“While Canada just reopened salon businesses in late 2021 due to challenges the pandemic brought, Sola Salons continued to grow its international development, further showcasing the strength of our business model,” said Christina Russell, CEO at Sola Salons.
The new and existing Sola franchise agreements signed include:
- Business partners Kevin Lent and John Platten currently own three locations in Ontario
- Multi-unit franchisee, Ron Magnusson, owns the Calgary location
- Denise Muller will develop one location in Kitchener-Waterloo
- Larry Lloyd and Mike McDonald will develop three locations in Durham Region
- New owner, Mike Ruthard, will develop three locations in North York, Richmond Hill, and Markham
- Ammar Aboulnasr recently signed an agreement to develop two locations in Hamilton and Barrie
Sola supports a growing community of more than 18,000 independent beauty professionals across more than 600 locations, with over 2000 new beauty professionals joining the company in 2021 alone. Sola brings market resources such as their new BookNow engine, allowing customers to online book and customize their appointments with their independent hairdressers, nail technicians, estheticians, massage therapists, or other beauty professionals.
As part of its continued franchise growth strategy, Sola Salons will be targeting several markets across North America. Franchise opportunities in Canada include Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Labrador, Ontario, and Saskatchewan.
To learn more about franchise opportunities with Sola Salons, contact Lori Merrall, director of franchise development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Sola Canada franchise website for general information at solafranchising.ca.