Subway Canada has released brand new signature sandwiches, flavour combinations, Canadian-sourced ingredients, app upgrades, and the promise of announcements to come in 2022.
Coined the ‘Eat Fresh Refresh,’ these upgrades have launched in Subway restaurants and are backed by Canadian athletics, three-time Olympic Snowboarding bronze Mark McMorris and professional tennis player Leylah Fernandez.
“I’m mindful about the food I eat as it can impact my performance–but I never compromise on taste. I’m also no stranger to pushing myself out of my comfort zone–on and off the slopes,” said Mark McMorris. “Subway Canada’s ‘Eat Fresh Refresh’ is just that–we’re encouraging Canadians to switch up their ‘usual’ for something extraordinary.”
“I’m constantly challenging myself to improve my game and sharpen my skills by trying new things and reminding myself to make good choices when it comes to food,” says Fernandez. “I’m excited for Canadians to discover what’s new at Subway restaurants–from Canadian-raised proteins, fresh veggies, and new sauces, cheeses, and breads; I know they’ll be impressed.”
The duo will feature in commercial spots and social promotion in the coming months.
As part of the refresh, Subway is now offering five new signature sandwiches:
- Chicken Bacon & Peppercorn Ranch: Featuring Canadian farm-raised chicken and Maplewood smoked bacon topped with vegetables and the new peppercorn ranch dressing
- Smashed Avocado & Turkey: Served on Italian bread, topped with Canadian farm-raised deli-style turkey and Canadian cheddar and toasted, then topped with smashed avocado, lettuce, spinach, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, and drizzled with mayonnaise
- Great Canadian Club: Featuring deli-style turkey and ham and Maplewood smoked bacon, made from Canadian farm-raised turkey and pork. The Great Canadian Club is topped with lettuce, tomato, and smoky honey mustard sauce
- Maplewood Smoked Bacon & Ham: Served on Italian bread, topped with deli-style ham and bacon made from Canadian farm-raised pork and Canadian cheddar. Once toasted, it’s topped with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and red onion and drizzled with smoky honey mustard and mayonnaise
- Southwest Steak and Avocado: Featuring seasoned steak and new smashed avocado, topped with chipotle sauce and banana peppers
“When we set out to design the refresh, we diligently tested flavour combinations, visited Canadian producers and farmers, and spoke to Canadians about the options they want to see,” explains Chef John Botelho, culinary manager at Subway Canada. “From our five new signature sandwiches to the introduction of deli-style Canadian-raised proteins or the creation of three bold new sauces–we can’t wait for guests to experience intense, fresh new flavour combinations with each bite.”